Position: Credit Analyst
Title of Supervisor: Chief Credit Officer
General Definition of Position
Primarily, this position will serve as a loan analyst for various lenders. This will include loan analysis, preparing the credit analysis on loans presented to the loan committee, and performing annual review of credits. Prepares loan write-ups and summaries, along with recommendations to loan officer and loan committees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a thorough, in depth analysis of new credit requests, credit change requests, renewals, and annual relationship reviews. Recommends risk rating and changes when analysis merits.
- Deliver meaningful, detailed credit analysis while providing efficient, timely service to loan officers.
- Prepare reports, summaries, and opinions to lenders on new, renewal, and existing loans.
- Report findings that may have an adverse effect on loan collateral and/or borrowers’ ability to repay the loan.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures, and identify exceptions to policy.
- Review loan files as needed to ensure quality, consistency, and compliance with lending guidelines and regulations.
- Work with loan officers to identify and collect documents needed for timely and efficient approvals on new and existing credits.
- Assist in maintaining credit tracking system on commercial and Ag loans.
- Complete collateral analysis and evaluations accurately and timely as assigned.
- Complete reviews of collateral appraisals and evaluations as assigned.
- Assist in cross-selling and referrals to other departments in bank, promote a positive energetic environment as part of overall team, and support other bank activities as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understand financial data (balance sheet, income statements, cash flows, financial ratios, etc), and apply skills as they pertain to loan underwriting process.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Adapt to changing work situations and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and persistent in follow through.
- Highly competent with multiple software technologies, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible to change in a growing organization.
- Previous experience with various credit analytic software a plus (Credit Quest, Finpack or other credit analytics software).
- 3-5 years as credit analyst.
- Knowledge of commercial lending & regulations.